Overexposure to the sun’s ultra violet rays can cause sunburn.
Sun burn causes the skin to become tender and red. After a few days, blisters also starts appearing on the skin which is followed by peeling of the skin. Excessive exposure to UV rays also makes the skin look lifeless, dull and leathery. The rays cause undue free radical damage which could also lead to skin cancer.
Natural Home Remedies for Sunburn
Following are some of the best natural home remedies for effective and quck and successful relief from Sunburns:
- Aloe Vera: Apply aloe vera gel all over the sun burnt area as it benefits the skin immensely. Aloe vera also soothes and hydrates the skin. It keeps a check on inflammation and burning.
- Cucumber: Place fresh cucumber slices or grated over the affected area for soothing. It also reduces heat and burning and helps regain normal skin texture.
- Honey: honey is one of the most remarkable remedy for sun burns. Apply honey on the affected area and leave on for at least 20 minutes. Then rinse off.
- Essential oils: 1 % lavender oil on the burnt skin is recommended. Also, Taking herbal baths using lavender or chamomile essential oils hastens cure.
- Potatoes: Grate a potato and apply over the burnt skin. Starch from the potato soothes the skin.
Ensure that you always slather on a sun block when you leave home. It shields the skin from the harsh UV rays of the sun.
What's more, shades are recommended to protect the delicate skin under the eyes.
Stay hydrated and drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day. Incorporate loads of fresh fruits in the daily diet. They provide fluids and vital nutrients that nourish the skin.